Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days
Worldwide earthquakes with M4.5+ located by USGS and Contributing Agencies.
(Earthquakes with M2.5+ within the United States and adjacent areas.)
- Hold your mouse over an earthquake to see its magnitude.
- Click on an earthquake for more information.
- Click on a location to go to a region map.
- Did You Feel It? - Report an earthquake
- To convert UTC to US time zones, see this list or this table.
- Magnitude = ? for new earthquakes until a magnitude is determined.
- Maps show events recorded in the last 7 days with M2.5+ within the United States and adjacent areas, M4.5+ in the rest of the world.
- Maps are updated whenever a new earthquake has been located. Try to reload this page if you do not have the most current map.
World Regional Maps
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS — Collaborating seismic networks and data sources
DISCLAIMER — The maps and lists show events which have been located by the USGS and contributing agencies within the last 7 days. They should not be considered to be complete lists of all events M2.5+ in the US and adjacent areas and especially should not be considered to be complete lists of all events M4.5+ in the world. The World Data Center for Seismology, Denver (a part of the USGS National Earthquake Information Center) continues to receive data from observatories throughout the world for several months after the events occurred, and using those data, adds new events and revises existing events in later publications. For a description of these later publications and the data available, see Scientific Data.